Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Berry-Licious Finish!

After a LOT of holding my breath and stitching very carefully, my little Strawberry is finished!


I don't know what it is about these SamSarah 3D designs, but they give me palpitations. I have such a difficult time with the finishing! Is it just me? Their instructions are actually very detailed, but it's like the part of my brain responsible for physically carrying out instructions just shuts down or something. This time wasn't as bad as the Melon finish, but I'm still not 100% happy with the result. I'm convinced it looks more like a radish than a strawberry...


Now that I've finished two of the series, I'm actually wondering if I should buy the rest of them. I promised myself I wouldn't buy more stash for a while, but it's just so tempting! Here are the strawberry and the watermelon together:


Lots of love,

13 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Wow Sarah!! It certainly look like a yummy strawberry and not a radish :) Beautiful. I've seen the rest of the collection, they are all fabulous!!

Emma Louise Brown said...

Gorgeous!

Denise said...

I think they both turned out cute. Great finishes
Happy Stitching
Denise

Anne said...

Well done on your strawberry finish! I think it looks like a strawberry and not a radish! I hear you about getting heart palpitations when it comes to following instructions...same happens to me! Hugs!

cucki said...

Aww so cute..
Perfect my dear..
Big hugs xx

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Sarah. And, I think it looks like a strawberry and not a radish. They look great together. I think you should do the rest of them.

Linda

Christina said...

Oh definitely buy the rest of the series...they are just too adorable! :0)

Shirlee said...

I think they both look wonderful & yes, the rest of the series is a good idea : )

Lulu said...

Your strawberry looks amazing! I've never done a 3D cross stitch project like this but your fruit are a fun accessory idea I might want to try one day.

Kaisievic said...

Sarah, I cannot see any flaws in the finishing of either of them - you are being too hard on yourself. You are very clever! I think that they are both so cute!

Wendy said...

these are so sweet! I think you should do some more as I want to see what else is in the set!

Steph said...

They are both lovely XOX

Wagapapa Creations said...

Beautiful project! Love the result
xoxo