Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hooting Away

It's day 4 of Ramadan here, and I think my body is finally getting used to not eating for 15+ hours. I'm not as groggy and achy as I was the first two days, and I actually have the energy to clean and cook and live life semi-normally. I'm so glad I took this month off work, though. I cannot imagine having the patience to teach right now.

Anyway, I have been making progress on Hoot. Really loving this project. I thought it was going to be a quick stitch, but there are so many little details on it, so many color changes, that it's taking me a while to stitch it up. That's okay, though - anything to distract me from food!


So I've now stitched half of this front side. I added the grass, the trees, the pumpkins, and the owls. I keep forgetting to mention, I'm stitching this with three strands over two, just for that extra coverage. I tend to do this with biscornus.


Only a few days left for the 4th July traveling pattern! You can sign up here.

Have some pie for me, please!

9 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful already!!!

Denise said...

Love the colors in piece! Great job!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Isabella Morais said...

You are a brave girl! I'm not sure if I can support more than 6 hours without eating..can you drink something?

U made a huge progress with this biscornu! Congrats! Vibrant beautiful colors!

cucki said...

looking so beautiful x

Linda said...

Nice progress Sarah I love the colors.

Linda

KimM said...

WOW! You are really making progress. I love it!
xxx

Mdm Samm said...

now this is simply adorable...love your material...like working on taupes

Lulu said...

Your biscornu is looking really beautiful! Good luck with the rest of your fasting :)

Kaisievic said...

Clever girl taking the month off and Hoot is looking fabulous.