Monday, July 14, 2014

Can I Get a "Hoot Hoot"?

And the first half of Hoot is done! Woohoo! *insert happy dance*


I stitched in the rest of the grass, finished the green border, stitched in the last four pumpkins, the two trees, and the two owls. Done! That is, of course, except for the beading, which I'm going to leave to the end. Beading is not my favorite thing in the world.


I'm going to have to put Hoot aside for now. I'm taking off to visit my family in Kuwait for a week. My baby sister (I've got three younger sisters, and between the youngest and I there's a ten-year difference) graduated high school a month ago and she's off to my mother's home state, North Carolina, to go to college. She's got Type 1 diabetes, though (that's the kind you're born with and can never cure) so my mom's going to be moving with her to make sure she stays healthy. Anyway, long story short, I'm off to visit them before they move!

While I'm there I'm going to be working on my Tutti Frutti exchange piece. Lots of ideas on Pinterest, and I think I've decided on which one I'm making my partner. So I'll see you all next week!

Happy xxx's!

15 comments:

Isabella Morais said...

OMG OMG!!! Amazing!!!!
Good luck for your sister!!!

Denise said...

love the colors! This is such a cute piece.
Have fun this week!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Mii Stitch said...

WOW!! It looks sooo cute!!! I want to stitch mine now :D
Have fun while visiting your family

Kathy Ellen said...

Beautifully done, Sarah! You must be so pleased with "Hoot".

Hope that your trip goes well and that you enjoy seeing your baby sister and all of your family.

Blessings!

Busy Lizzie said...

looks great, love the colors

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish Sarah.

Linda

Emma Louise Brown said...

I can't wait to see this made up! Good luck to your sister :)

Penny said...

Such a cute design! How nice to spend some time with your family. Hope you have a great visit. :)

cucki said...

Hoot hoot it's so lovely :)
Lots of love for you and for your family x

Annie said...

Wonderful stitching...hoot! hoot!
Looking forward to seeing it stitched up. Enjoy your time with your family:)

Lulu said...

Great job Sarah on the finish! I hope you get some valuable quality time with your mom and sister before they move so far away.

Anne said...

Yay! Congrats on your HOOT finish! It's adorable. Beading is also not my favourite thing in the world but once you get into it, you stick to it :D Have fun in Kuwait! How's Ramadan so far?! Hugs!

KimM said...

OH. MY. GOSH. Adorable, absolutely ADORABLE!!!
hugs
xxx

Steph said...

Hoot Hoot! ^_^ It's lovely. I hope you have a nice time with your family XOX

Kaisievic said...

Hoot looks really great and good luck to your sister - big adventure for her (and your mum).