Sunday, June 8, 2014

Melon Finish-Finish

I finished the Melon Wedge!! Lots of thanks to Emma (Emma's Bloglet) for sending me the interfacing. As soon as I got it, I started working on putting it all together.


I had mega problems with this finish. It was my first time finishing a 3D piece that wasn't a biscornu, and I could not for the life of me figure out how to sew these two (different-sized and -shaped) pieces together. I took it apart and put it back together at least three times! Do you see how the pieces still don't match up? *sigh*


And it's so small! So much smaller than I expected. But it's cute!


Don't forget to sign up for my July 4th traveling pattern (on this post)!

Lots of love,

11 comments:

cucki said...

Omg it's so cute..I love it so much..
Well done dear xxx

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

A little watermelon, so sweet!AriadnefromGreece!

Mii Stitch said...

Well it looks fantastic!!! Well done :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Sarah. I think it looks great.

Linda

Steph said...

Oh! I think it is so lovely! It looks all squishy and cute. Love it XOX

KimM said...

Sarah - the melon is so CUTE! Well done!!
xxx

Melissa said...

Such a cute little finish, and soooo appropriate too. Love it :)

Penny said...

It is cute! And I think you did a lovely job! :)

Wendy said...

that's so cute, well done on battling through the problems to finish it. it would make a really cute little zip purse

Lija Broka said...

Wow! It is absolutely adorable. Love it. Well done.

Kaisievic said...

Well, I think it looks great - so yummy!