Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Little Holy, a Little Hoot

I've been stitching away on Hoot, the Halloween biscornu. Here's where I am now:


I've decided to concentrate on one half at a time, just so I don't get bored stitching with one color for a day. I finished up the two little houses on this side, plus the moons, and started the orange line that will go around the biscornu. I love how the colors pop!


So today is the beginning of Ramadan, our holy month. It's a month of fasting (we don't eat or drink anything from sunrise to sundown) but it's also supposed to be a month of introspection and of trying to be a better person. I have cleverly taken this month off work, so I can concentrate on cooking our sundown feast (we call it Iftar) and taking care of myself and my family. We all need a little quiet time, don't we?

Oh, and don't forget to sign up for the 4th July traveling pattern! You can do so here.

Be blessed, everyone!

10 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Oh I am so tempted in starting mine! You are right, the colours do pop out, it looks so nice! Enjoy the Ramadan & your month off :)

cucki said...

It's a beautiful stitch..
Happy Ramadan dear
Big hugs x

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

Happy Ramadan!AriadnefromGreece!

Lulu said...

Hoot is looking good! I love the bright colors. I hope you enjoy Ramadan :)

KimM said...

Beautiful - love the colors.
Take care - xxx

Linda said...

Great new start Sarah. I too, love the colors. Enjoy your month off.

Linda

Isabella Morais said...

Hello my friend!

The popping colors are very vibrat and gorgeous! I love the fabric contrasting whith it.

Take care and rest!

We have the World Cup happening in here..the country is an explosison of cultures and people right now :D

XOXO,

Isa.

Penny said...

Nice progress! Glad you were able to take some time off. :)

Kaisievic said...

Yes, the colours do pop. Happy Ramadan, is that the correct greeting?

Steph said...

I am loving this stitch! Happy Ramadan. XOX