Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Quilt Show is Back!

I think I mentioned a couple of months ago that the annual Quilt and Stitch Show is back on here in Dubai. Well, I sent in pictures of two of my big framed pieces, the American Flag Quilt and my first-ever cross-stitching. Last week they finally got back to me to say that I've been accepted into the contest! Woohoo!


I entered the show last year with my Teddy Bear Quilt, which unfortunately didn't win. I was still so excited to be part of the show, and I'm going into it with the same attitude this time too.

I've been busy this week getting ready: they have a lot of requirements, including making sure everything is labeled, in a seal-able bag (urgh, finding bags that were wide enough was hard!), and printing out all the forms and pictures.

The contest started this weekend and will continue for a week. There's no judging - the viewing public gets to vote for their favorites in each category. I really wish there was online voting! That would be amazing.

So here are the pieces I've entered:

The American Flag Quilt, finished last year
My very first cross-stitching, a lovely verse from the Quran in Arabic
I'm so excited! Wish me luck :D

12 comments:

StitchyDon said...

Good luck both pieces look amazing !!!

KimM said...

WOW! These are such beautiful pieces - good luck!!!
xxx

Linda said...

Good luck Sarah.

Linda

Kerryp77 said...

Good luck Sarah, your stitching is beautiful

cucki said...

Yayyy
Good luck dear friend x

Emma Louise Brown said...

Good Luck! x

Lumiruusu said...

Well done Sarah !
I love to see how stitchers around the world let their culture be seen in the art of cross stitching!!:)

Mii Stitch said...

Good luck with your two entries Sarah!

Wendy said...

good luck, they are great pieces! Is the American Flag Quilt actually a quilt or is it cross stitch?

Isabella Morais said...

Great news my friend! I am so so happy for you! I wish u all the luck in the world! hope u win the context 'cause your projects are gorgeous!
XOXO, Isa.

Denise said...

Good luck Sarah! Both pieces are awesome!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Steph said...

Oh that's wonderful news! ^_^ lots of luck, I am sure both pieces will be much loved. XOX