Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Quilt and Stitch Art Show 2014

So the 2014 Quilt and Stitch Art Show was this weekend! (If you don't know what I'm on about, I first talked about it here)


As I expected, I didn't win any of the prizes. Here's how it's set up: You give in your pieces. They display them for a week or so. During that time, visitors come to the show and vote for their favorites. You're allowed to vote for yourself and you're encouraged to bring everyone you know to vote. The result? It becomes a popularity contest. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter and I'm not complaining. I enjoy being a part of the competition. But I kind of wish it was judged objectively, you know? Anyway, here are my two pieces, displayed in the show:


The great thing about this is that they give every person who votes a 15% off discount voucher from the host store, one of the LNSs here, which is normally super expensive. So I took advantage and splurged a little. Here's what I got:


I bought one yard of the blue fabric with the white flowers, and a fat quarter of the white fabric with the blue flowers. I love them! I've already got plans for the blue fabric...

They also gave us all a small goodie bag just for participating. It was filled with Brother memorabilia (they were sponsoring the event) and some fabric fat eighths:


Anyway, I had a great time and I'm so glad I joined in again (you can see what I entered last year here). I'll probably do it again next year. Hmm, I wonder what I'll enter...

Thank you all so much for your positive thoughts and for wishing me luck! I really appreciate it :D

7 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Shame we couldn't vote online for you!! Both projects look great, enjoy your goodies :)

Penny said...

Both pieces are lovely! And I love those blue fabrics - pretty!

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

I understand what you mean. Recently I took part in a photographic competition and the same had to be done, I had to invite everyone to vote for me so I didn't!LOL!Congrats for taking aprt!AriadnefromGreece!

Emma Louise Brown said...

It's such a shame you didn't win as they're lovely pieces x

cucki said...

So pretty...
They so cute..
Big hugs c

Lija Broka said...

Pity you didn't win. Your work deserved the recognition. But as is said it is participation that counts. And you got some gorgeous fabrics a a discount!

Wendy said...

I think that's a terrible way of judging. You see it in blog land too where they have contests and ask the competitors to ask their friends to vote for them... I'd rather win through merit than popularity too