Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter Egg-Change

A little while ago, Ingrid over at Mii Stitch hosted a lovely spring Easter Egg-change. We were given random partners to send packages to, the only rules being that we had to cross-stitch and finish an Easter item and include some Easter chocolate.

I drew Kay (no blog). I found the cutest pattern on Pinterest, which took me to Matrioshka Biscornu, a great blog with lots of freebie designs. I stitched this one on beige 14-count Aida with DMC threads and finished it off with a floral fabric and a little "handmade" charm in the corner.


I also knitted her one of my favorite things to make: a little bunny! I used some Nako Jelibon yarn and gave it a cotton tail, white button eyes, and a blue ribbon. If you'd like the instructions for this little guy, you can find them here.


I also sent her a Crossed Wing Collection chart, some fabric fat-eighths, a little pack of chocolate Easter eggs, and a little pack of chocolate-covered dates (I had to send her something authentically local!) Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it all together.

Albena (blog here) sent her package to me, and it was filled with lovely goodies!


She sent me some pink linen, some floral fabric, a beautiful variegated floss, a little baggie of charms, Lindt chocolate rabbits, the cutest little memo pads, and of course a cross-stitched Easter pillow. Here's a close-up of the pillow - isn't the stitching perfect?


This was such a fun exchange! Thanks again, Ingrid, for putting it all together!

Big hugs,

11 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet exchange goodies
Big hugs x

Mii Stitch said...

Thanks for sharing with us! Wonderful gifts made & received ;)

Anne said...

Wonderful exchange Sarah! I love that sight too..so many great patterns to chose from. This bunny pattern has been one I've wanted to stitch for awhile. You did a great job! Lovely pillow and goodies from Ingrid. hugs!!

Anne said...

sheesh...tried to correct 'sight' to 'site' and it wouldn't let me!

Linda said...

Awesome exchange Sarah.

Linda

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

That's a lovely package you sent and received! I have posted mine but have not received one so I am still waiting!AriadnefromGreece!

KimM said...

What lovely exchange gifts!

Steph said...

Gorgeous exchange goodies. I love your bunny stitch. XOX

Wendy said...

such cute bunnies! I saw the cross stitch ones on someone's blog and she sent me the chart so I just have to stitch it now!

Lulu said...

What a cute bunny Patten you stitched. Exchanges are so fun!

Shirlee said...

A fun exchange indeed! Great package from Ingrid, & the bunnies you chose to stitch are really cute! I especially like the knitted bunny. I've never tried knitting a stuffed animal before. I imagine it would be difficult for me. You did a great job!