Saturday, April 12, 2014

Back to the Umbrella

That's what I'm going to call Falling Star from now on - because it's really all about the giant umbrella. I've picked it back up and made more minute progress:


Since last we saw it, I've stitched the word "it" on the left and gotten more done on the umbrella. We're at the halfway point! Woohoo!


I also got a lovely surprise in the mail. Ariadne (Ariadne from Greece) won a giveaway from Kim (Wisdom with Needle and Thread) recently, and part of the prize was she got to pick a friend to receive some goodies too. And she picked me! I was thrilled. I just received Kim's package, and look at all the goodies she sent me:


She sent one of her handmade four-leaf clover thread keepers, a bee scissor fob, a couple of adorable cross-stitched gift tags, and some beautiful oil painting prints. Isn't it all lovely? Thanks again, Kim and Ariadne!

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

cucki said...

Umbrella is looking so lovely
Pretty goodies my dear
Hugs x

Kaisievic said...

Falling Star is looking great - such a cute design. How lovely are Ariadne and Kim? Lovely gifts.

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

I received mine too. I should blog about it!AriadnefromGreece!

KimM said...

Your stitching is coming along so nicely. So glad the goodies arrived safe and sound!! Enjoy -

StitchyDon said...

It looks great !!!! Super progress !

Kathy Ellen said...

Love your wonderful progress on that great design. How sweet of Kim to pick you to share some of her nice gifts from Ariadne with you!

Blessings!

Linda said...

Yippee for making it half way on the umbrella Sarah. All down hill from there.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

Umbrella is coming along nicely and the goodies are fantastic!!

Shirlee said...

Falling Star is looking great ... & how nice of Ariadne to choose you for the giveaway! I love Kim's fobs & her painting is amazing!

Wendy said...

yay, half way through! I expect to see a finish by Friday then! ;0)