Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Foray into the Infinity

The infinity scarf, that is! I have not yet learned how to knit in the round, but I saw a few pictures on Pinterest of how to knit an infinity scarf without knitting in the round, and I was sold! Here's the final product:


This was stitched with two balls of Lion Brand's Tweed Stripes yarn in Woodlands, a beautiful variegated yarn that my mom bought me for my last birthday. I just had to play with it! I knitted this up on 5mm straight needles using the basic garter stitch, knitting and knitting and knitting away, until I was satisfied with the length. And then I sewed the two ends together! Isn't that a brilliant cheat?


I'm so happy with it! The only tricky part was trying to match the colorways of the two ends - I had to stop knitting when I hit the right color and shade. But I'm so happy with it, and it's so cozy and warm. And summer just started. Perfect timing, right?

Keep those needles clicking!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Oooh I love this colour for the scarf! Not sure what "without knitting in the round" means but it seems to be making you happy :D Ha, the scarf is "perfect" timing for summer! Hugs!

KimM said...

The scarf is gorgeous! What great color!!! I love scarves -

cucki said...

Aww very pretty scarves..I love it so much..
Big hugs x

Lulu said...

Great job Sarah! The colors in that yarn are gorgeous. If I was a knitter I'd run right out and buy it.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely scarf, I really like your choice of colours!

Shirlee said...

It looks beautiful Sarah!

Steph said...

How beautiful! What amazing colours XOX