Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring has Sprung...I Think

I just finished up Under the Pear Tree and the little bonus pattern! I had a lot of fun playing around with the finishing, and I couldn't be happier with how they turned out:


I finished them both up as little cushions with white lace. The big one I stuffed with poly-fill, and the little one is a mix of poly-fill and lavender. I backed them both with some green fabric I had in my stash.


I also made myself a little spring rabbit. I knitted it up (click here if you'd like the instructions) with Red Heart's Super Saver Economy in Aran Fleck. I gave him little wooden button eyes and a cotton ball tail and tied a nice sage ribbon around his neck.


So there you go! That's my little spring basket, replacing all those winter biscornus you can see in my header. I'm not sure if it's actually spring here right now. It went from cold winter just a couple of weeks ago to hot and humid and 33 degrees C. I think we may have bypassed spring and gone straight into summer...

Happy xxx's!

14 comments:

Shirlee said...

Very pretty finishes! I really like the bunny too : )

Kaisievic said...

Love all your finishes. Who is the designer of under the pear tree? So sweet and the bunny is so cute.

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

Everything is lovely but I adored the bunny! I should make one too!AriadnefromGreece!

Anne said...

Wonderful spring finishes my dear! Especially that adorable little bunny! Thanks for the pattern link. I want to try my hand at knitting so this would be good to try out!! HUGS! Hope you get your package soon :D

Linda said...

Cute finishes Sarah and the rabbit is adorable.

Linda

blue star stitcher said...

Love the backing fabric you chose, great match to such cute finishes.

Jan Gartlan said...

Such a sweet stitching/knitting collection. I hope you do get some Spring weather.

Mii Stitch said...

What a pretty Spring basket!! Lovely finishes and cute little rabbit :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely finish

Lulu said...

You made such a beautiful finished product as always!

cucki said...

Aww it's so cute..can you please tell me who is the designer of this cute stitch??
Thank you
Hugs x

KimM said...

Hello, Sarah! I just found your blog via Ariadne and have become a follower. I look forward to your posts!
KimM
WisdomwithNeedleandThread.blogspot.com

The Snowflower Diaries said...

Dear Sarah, how wonderful, I am so honoured and happy! Thank you for stitching my design!:-) I had pinned it to my collection, if you don't mind! hugs, Maja

Steph said...

A very beautiful finish, the bunny is cute! XOX