Monday, March 24, 2014

Exchanges with Anne

Anne (over at Doll's Musings) and I decided a little while ago to have a spring biscornu exchange. I LOVE making biscornus, and this was so much fun to put together!

Here's a lovely freebie I found on Pinterest, which led me to Palko-lap. I stitched this with 3 strands of DMC threads over 1 (wanted better coverage) on two different colored 14-count Aida fabrics, beige and navy blue. Never done that before, but I wanted to experiment a little, and I love the result! Will definitely be making more two-toned biscornus. I used some wooden buttons for the center.


I also cross-stitched a little ornament with her first two initials. I used some over-dyed green ribbon and more wooden buttons.


I included two Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe charts, some purple fabric with tiny white stars, and some locally-made mint tea. Forgot to take a picture of it all before I sent it out, so here's Anne's picture (I didn't expect the charts to get so crumpled up! Blame it on the international postal service):


And here's what Anne sent me:


She's really spoiled me silly! Aside from her beautiful biscornu, she sent me some moss-green Lugana fabric, pink and white polka-dot fabric, some threads, pink and white polka-dot ribbon, some buttons, bird stickers, and some tea from her favorite tea store, The Great Wall Tea Company (can't wait to try it - it smells great!). Here's a closeup of the biscornu:


So much fun! I loved this exchange. Thanks again, Anne! :D

Love,

10 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful exchange gift :)

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

A lovely exchange!AriadnefromGreece!

Mii Stitch said...

Great exchange, both biscornus are lovely :)

Wendy said...

I love the two-toned biscornu. I really must make one of these one day! This is the thing that scares me about swaps, I did a private swap and my partner sent me so much good stuff and I hardly sent any and then felt guilty

Shirlee said...

Beautiful exchanges both given & received : )

Denise said...

Awesome exchange gifts! Love both of the Biscornu's
Happy Stitching
Denise

Palkó said...

Thank you, Sarah! It is very nicely done! :)

Lulu said...

I love your two tone biscornu the blue underside picks up the blue bird quite nicely.

Anne said...

Yay! I'm so glad you love the biscornu and treats. Thanks for the link to yours! I'll check it out. I wish I had more time for stitching and could whip up all the lovely biscornus I see!! Hugs to you my dear!

Steph said...

Such a beautiful exchange. I love the colours on your biscornu. XOX