Monday, March 10, 2014

Back from the Wedding!

Hi everyone! I'm back. Still can't feel my feet, though - that should teach me to dance all night in high heels.

I wanted to show you the wedding gift I gave my sister. Based on the advice you all gave me, I stitched her up a little something. I was hesitating, because needlework is not an interest of hers, but my mother encouraged me to do it too. So, without further ado, here it is:


This is a design I found on Etsy, from Wee Little Stitches (blog here, Etsy store here). I thought it was really sweet and simple. I stitched it on 32-count Dark Cobblestone Lugana, which I think looks great with all the white stitching. I added their names at the top and the date of the wedding on the bottom.


I had it professionally framed, which took forever. The first picture is more true to the actual colors. What do you guys think?

I'll be back later to post about the stitching I managed to do in Kuwait. For now, though, I've got piles of laundry to do and a suitcase to unpack.

Big hugs!

9 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

I love its simplicity!!! I would have been thrilled with this :)

Emma Louise Brown said...

Absolutely lovely :)

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

This is so beautiful and it doesn't matter if someone is not interested in cross stitch. I am sure she will appreciate your love and thoughtfulness and the work and time you dedicated on this!AriadnefromGreece!

Linda said...

Turned out great Sarah. Sometimes simple is better.

Linda

Lulu said...

Wow you're wedding sampler is beautiful! I'm sure your sister will treasure it for years to come.

blue star stitcher said...

What a sweet gift for a wedding.

Terri said...

It's beautiful!

Wendy said...

that is beautiful! What a wonderful momento of her wedding, makes me want to divorce the hubby and get married again!

Steph said...

What a beautiful treasure! XOX