Sunday, February 23, 2014

Eating and Stitching, Stitching and Eating

More progress on La D Da's Falling Star, which I'm loving!


I stitched a couple more stars, and added the words "for a." Not much, I know, but I've been secret stitching for Mii's Easter Egg-change. And it's not the best picture in the world - it's been cloudy lately and artificial light can only do so much. Oh well... I do love that the stars look like they're dancing!

We headed out early Friday morning (Friday and Saturday are the weekend days for us) for an organic market at one of the parks.


It was so much fun! I didn't get a chance to take pictures of all the booths, because it was so crowded. There was a little petting zoo and face painting for the kids, booths selling homemade soaps, arts and crafts, fresh flowers, bread, jams, sauces, cupcakes... Everyone was walking around eating BBQ or salads or wraps or drinking water out of a fresh coconut. The main booths were selling produce, so you would grab a cardboard box and move through the line, filling it with whatever organic fruits or vegetables you wanted.

But I was with my husband, whose entire philosophy was, I'll just go with you this once to scope it out and then you can come back another time to actually shop. After the fastest tour ever, I managed to buy only a couple of things:


I bought a lovely fresh loaf of bread (I LOVE fresh bread) and a jar of delicious strawberry-peach jam. And they gave us the bag for free!

Great to know these little places exist here! I enjoyed it so much and I'll definitely be going back (though probably without the husband...)

Big hugs,

5 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress on your stitching. I see you're already busy working on the Easter egg change piece!!! :) I haven't even started mine yet.... I better get on with it:)

Emma/Itzy said...

Progress is progress! I have been stitching for the exchange too this weekend, shame I can't show it yet!

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Good luck to you and your endeavours.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Shirlee said...

Great start, & sounds like a wonderful market!

Myra said...

Looking good! I love those markets and yours sounds like a fun one.