Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Long-Awaited New Start

I'm finally starting La D Da's Falling Star!


I say "finally" because I bought the chart more than a year ago along with Down by the Bay, which I've already finished. I couldn't start on Falling Star because I realized the fabric I'd bought for it was way too dark and I couldn't see the threads against it. But the replacement fabric arrived a couple of weeks ago, so we're good to go! Here's my little start:


I'm stitching this on 32-count Platinum Lugana with the recommended NPI silks. It's so much fun! I'm loving it already.

Big hugs,

9 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

This is a really cute chart & what a promising start!

Wendy said...

that is a sweet one! I haven't done any cross stitch on linen in a long time and I'm sort of scared!

p.s. did you know you have word verification on?

Lulu said...

What a beautiful new start!

Linda said...

Love your new start Sarah.

Linda

Emma/Itzy said...

Yay new start! :D

Shirlee said...

What a wonderful new start! I remember that song playing on the radio or someone's record player when I was a little girl ... sung by Perry Como. Thanks for the nice memories : )

Chris said...

What a super chart, my favourite song too.. can't wait to see it stitched.
Happy stitching
Chris

Anne said...

It's such a great design Sarah!! Great start so far!!

Steph said...

I really love this! Look forward to seeing updates XOX