Tuesday, January 14, 2014

All's Well that Ends Well

All right, the disaster of this weekend with the framing of the American Flag Quilt (described here) has been undone. Whew! I tidied up the mess they made with the threads by presumably whipping it with a stick (?! I honestly have no idea what else they could have been doing that would have caused that much damage!), took it back to the store, and the salesman popped it into the frame and secured the back within five minutes. I really appreciated his concern and the care he took making sure I was happy with it. They've framed a couple of pieces for me before (you can see them here), and they did a great job with them, and I've gotta say after this customer service experience I will definitely come back.

So, the big reveal:


Taking a picture was a delicate balance: enough light that the colors showed realistically, but not so much that there was a glare. And this isn't hung up, it's just propped up on the bed's headboard until I can find it a home. I went for a very simple, plain wooden frame, aiming for a vintage Americana look. There's so much detail in this piece that I didn't think a busy frame would be necessary. What do you guys think?

The before picture:


Oh, and if you haven't signed up for my second-year blogoversary giveaway yet, be sure to do so here!

Happy stitching!

11 comments:

Jan Gartlan said...

What a drama that was! I am so relieved your story had a happy ending. It looks beautiful in its new framing. Congratulations!

Lesleyanne Smith said...

Its looks amazing and I am so pleased you managed to fix it.

Emma/Itzy said...

Glad to hear it is all sorted now! It looks great, the frame is perfect! x

Mii Stitch said...

I'm so pleased it is all sorted! It looks absolutely stunning :)

Shirlee said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through such stress, but I'm glad it all worked out in the end! What is your next project?

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

Oh it looks lovely now!AriadnefromGreece!

Linda said...

I'm so happy that you were able to fix it without to much trouble Sarah. It looks fantastic and the frame is perfect.

Linda

Penny said...

You must have been so heartsick! I'm glad that it's fixed and framed - beautiful! I think the frame is perfect. :)

Steph said...

Phew!! It looks beautiful! As it should. I am so glad it all turned out well. XOX

Justine said...

I'm a new follower and just want to say...wow! What an amazing project. Glad you were able to sort out the mess the framers had made. Your blog is lovely.

Kerryp77 said...

I'm so glad you could sort it out Sarah and it looks amazing!