Saturday, January 11, 2014

A HUGE Disappointment

I am currently going through what can only be described as a stitching nightmare. You might remember that I had a major finish last year, with my American Flag Quilt. I had this folded away until I could find the time to go to the framer's. A couple of weeks ago, I finally did. When it was ready, I didn't even bother to check it at the store - I've had a couple of other pieces framed by the same store and never had a problem. So it was only when I got home and unwrapped it that I saw what they'd done.


Honestly, I was so angry I couldn't breathe. Out of the 50 states, about 15 of them had their backstitching ruined. I didn't know what to do: break it open and rescue my baby, take it back to the store and break it over their heads, crawl into the bathroom and cry... After half an hour of deep breathing, I put it back in the bag, got into my car, drove to the mall, and calmly explained to them that they'd ruined my stitching and that they needed to take it out of the frame. The problem is, this place is just the storefront/photo studio, not where the actual framing is done (I think they contract out or something), so I didn't expect them to do anything right there. But thankfully the salesman took it into the back room and opened it up, so I didn't have to lose my mind.


I was told that I could take it home, fix it, bring it back, and they'd re-frame it in front of me. If I'm not satisfied, they'd give me a refund. Once my blood pressure had gone back to normal, I decided this was a good deal.


More deep breathing...

On to happier thoughts - if you haven't joined my second-year blogoversary giveaway, you can do so here.

Badly disappointed,

11 comments:

Mouse said...

sheesh how the heck did they manage that .... hope they do a better job second time round .... ((hugs)) love mouse xxxxx

Shirlee said...

You are very fortunate that the damage was able to be fixed & that the store is willing to make sure you are totally satisfied with their next attempt. A nightmare for sure, but with a happy ending.

Mii Stitch said...

Oh no! All these hours of hard work!! I hope you can sort out the stitching and that they frame it in front of you neatly and free of charge!

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

I can't understand how it was ruined. What did they do, start frogging?Good God!Anyway now more work for you but hopefully it will end well!AriadnefromGreece!

Emma Louise Brown said...

I would have cried! I can't believe they've managed to that. Hopefully second time is the charm...sorry it couldn't have been right the first time x

Anne said...

That's very bizarre. How do they ruin backstitching? So sorry Sarah! I would've cried too. I'm glad that they will redo it but what a pain for you!

Linda said...

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear this. At least they were nice about it. Sorry you have to redo all that work.

Linda

Emma/Itzy said...

How heart breaking Sarah! :(

Fingers crossed they make a better job of it second time around xx

StitchyDon said...

OMG can't imagine how you kept your cool. I would have been devastated, hopefully you can get it sorted to your satisfaction but what shoddy work.

Kerryp77 said...

that's awful, fingers crossed for the second time. At least they showed good customer service in the event of an issue. It's still upsetting to have something where you invested so much time in damaged though.

Wendy said...

this is terrible! I mean what the framer did to it, not your piece of course! I can't begin to imagine how that could have happened. So glad they're resolving it for you.