Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Trying Something New

I've taken a break from cross-stitching to pick up my knitting needles again. My mom gave me a couple of yarn balls for my birthday a little while ago, and I decided to play around with one of them and make something I've never tried before: an infinity scarf.


I used one ball of the Red Heart Boutique Midnight in Aura and cast on 20 stitches on 5 mm needles. I found a link on Pinterest here that shows you how to knit a scarf normally and then attach the ends together, which I thought would be easier than learning how to knit on circular needles.


I'm so happy with it! It's cute and warm and I love the color changes in the yarn. I might actually try this again with the other ball of yarn...

Snuggling with my knitting,

6 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

It's lovely & the colours of your wool are gorgeous!!

Isabella Morais said...

Really beautiful scarf with all those mixed colors! We cannot dream about using a scarf in here..it is so damn hot! :D but I do have 3 for travelling. :D

Denise said...

Love the color of the yarn you used!
Enjoy the Holidays
Denise

Emma/Itzy said...

Thanks for the link, I will have to give it a go!

Shirlee said...

I agree ... very pretty & great colors!

Lulu said...

What a beautiful scarf! I love the colors.