Monday, December 30, 2013

Surprises Past and Future

First of all I'm happy to report that the little care package I sent to Kaye at Kitten Stitching has been received! Kaye's been going through some hard times recently and I thought I'd show her a little love this holiday season (I'm using her pictures because I've apparently lost the ability to take pictures of things before I send them off! Urgh).


I stitched a teeny tiny biscornu on 18-count Aida with DMC 4130 and 797. I knew Kaye collects thimbles, so I sent her one from Dubai and one from Germany. I added some small charts, a couple of needles, and floss from the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.

My second bit of news: a finish! I found this adorable freebie on Cross Stitch Happy.


I finished it off as a stuffed ornament, with lace and a fabric that has what looks like buttons on it.




I've got big plans for this cutie, so stay tuned!

Happy xxx's,

5 comments:

Shirlee said...

Very nice gifts you sent to Kaye, & your freebie finish looks great!

Myra said...

So sweet of you to think of Kaye. Cute pillow and a great finish too!

Mii Stitch said...

What a lovely finish!!

Mouse said...

awwww lovely gift you sent and cute finish too ... I stitched this 11 times for a Harrogate trip the other year and guess what .... forgot to do one for me ...lol
wishing you a wonderful stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxxx

Jan Gartlan said...

Such lovely gifts for Kaye. What sweet sentiments the ornie says