Friday, December 27, 2013

Exchanges with Shirlee

Shirlee (from the Easily Influenced Stitcher) and I decided a while ago to have an exchange. She really wanted something Christmas-y, but I don't celebrate so I asked for something more Americana. So we split the bill and this is what we came up with!

I made Shirlee two little pincushions out of Rosewood Manor freebie charts. I stitched them up on white 18-count Aida and attached tiny little gold beads everywhere. Then I backed them with some great festive fabrics I found:


I also included a Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe chart, some linen fabric, bobbinated DMC flosses, and a Camel Company notebook. I forgot to take a picture of it all before I sent it off, unfortunately.

In turn, Shirlee sent me:


I love it so much! It's the most amazing little primitive patriotic pincushion. And it's backed with this great Pledge of Allegiance fabric:


She also sent me this great Bent Creek Zipper kit and a pretty My Big Toe Designs needle threader. Here's a group shot:


I love it all, Shirlee, thank you so much! :D

Spoiled silly,

5 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Well, you certainly deserve it Sarah. Gorgeous exchange gifts all around.

Linda said...

Great exchange gifts Sarah.

Linda

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a wonderful exchange!!!

Sharon said...

What beautiful stitching - both sent and received! You have a lovely blog!

Mii Stitch said...

Looks like you both had fun with this exchange!! Great goodies :)