Monday, December 9, 2013

Cough, Cough, Cough

Good news, I'm feeling much better! I've got this racking cough that literally wakes me up in the middle of the night, but other than that I'm good: no more fever, no more chills, no more runny nose or sore throat. Thanks for all the love and well wishes and happy thoughts you sent my way!

Being sick really helps with stitching progress, I find. Here's the latest on Down by the Bay:


I've finished all the little motifs on the bottom and I've started on the border. I think I'm actually going to be able to finish this sooner than I thought!






So I have a conundrum: I'm the eldest of four sisters, and my second-eldest sister is getting married in March. As she's the first of my sisters to get married, I'm really not sure what to get her as a wedding present. Her bridal shower is in February, so I've got a little time. I don't want to get her a vase or set of plates or anything impersonal like that; she'll have plenty of other people giving her house things. Any ideas on something personal I could get her? What do you guys usually go for with family weddings?

Browsing through Etsy as we speak,

6 comments:

Shirlee said...

So glad that you're feeling better my friend : ) Watermelon is looking good! I'm afraid I'm not going to be any help to you regarding the gift though. My first thought was to suggest stitching something for her though.

Lija Broka said...

Makes me happy you are getting better. Stitching is definitely progressing fast. What a silly question ... obviously something handcrafted. A cushion? Or maybe some gorgeous photo album (for the wedding photos). You can do some embroidery for the cover. Or even print the lucky two's photo onto fabric and attach it? Sampler with important dates? Good luck with picking.

Mii Stitch said...

Glad you're better too!!! Now, you must give them something stitched, surely?! Not too sure what though, maybe a sampler? I'm sure you'll find the perfect gift

Emma/Itzy said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, and great progress too!

For my brothers wedding and my close friends wedding last year I stitched them something, although I do think it depends on the couple if that is a good idea or not. I was lucky as they are creative people themselves, and so appreciate the work that has gone in to it. If not it can be quite upsetting.

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

An heirloom wedding sampler stitched and framed!It would be lovely!AriadnefromGreece!

Isabella Morais said...

Maybe a wedding stitch framed :D I did that before :D It is something to remember

Really glad to know that you are ok now..I see that u r almost done with your project!

XOXO, Isa.