Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Birthday Report and Stash

Whew, what a weekend! I think we went a little overboard - I'm exhausted, I have the beginnings of a cold, and I am covered in bruises.

Our double birthday weekend started off with a massive laser tag war with a bunch of our friends (his, mine, and mutual). During said war, I proved to the world just how big a klutz I am by continuing to trip, fall, inexplicably break my equipment, and bang my knee really badly into a wall. I was limping for two days afterwards. But it really was a LOT of fun. Then we all had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, which is delicious.

The next day we had dinner with my sisters-in-law at The Butcher Shop and Grill (also delicious) and then out of the blue decided to go play mini-golf. Hilarious fun, considering I scored the worst! At midnight we exchanged presents and opened everyone else's gifts too. I got so many lovely goodies, mostly clothes and books, but I wanted to show you all some goodies Amazon.com delivered to our house, birthday presents from my mother overseas:


Look at these beauties!  She sent me two Dimensions kits, Fredrick the Literate and the Savannah Birth Record (this may be a hint for me to get going on the baby front). She also sent some Charles Craft 14-count Aida fabric and two balls of yarn, the Red Heart Midnight Boutique in Aura and the Lion Brand Tweed Stripes in Woodlands. They're such beautiful yarns and I can't wait to knit them up!

Happy December, everybody!

8 comments:

Melodías por escrito said...

Hello! We have just found your blog and we´ve liked it a lot! We follow you! :D Hope you like our blog too J
We send you a very big hug!
www.melodiasporescrito.com

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! sounds like you had a great time!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Wagapapa said...

Happy Birthday!
Hope you had a great time.
Love your presents, specially Fredrick the Literate :D
Hugs, xoxo

Isabella Morais said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I wish you all the best!

Hope that you get better of your knees and cold too!

Sounds that u had lots of fun during the weekend!!

XOXO. Isa.

Linda said...

Sounds like a great weekend Sarah although a little painful. lol Love your birthday gifts.

Linda

Emma/Itzy said...

Oh both of these kits are on my "to stitch" list, I look forward to seeing your progress on them :)

Glad you both had a great birthday! x

Mii Stitch said...

Glad you both had a great birthday time!! Love your latest stash, the sampler looks ever so colourful... No I'm not hinting at anything related with baby!! :P

Jan Gartlan said...

Happy Birthday! What fab gifts from your mother. She knows you so well. Pleased your knee has improved too. Was it an indoor laser war game?