Tuesday, November 12, 2013

For if I Do...

Hi folks! Hope everyone's doing well and enjoying their stitchy projects. I'm personally loving Down by the Bay.


I added a section of stitching to the watermelon and the word "my" underneath. And I realized that I forgot to include a rhyme in my last update, so here's a double dose:
"Have you ever seen a whale drinking some ale?"
"Have you ever seen a cat with a bright yellow hat?"


On a personal note, I've been having trouble with this recurring rash on my right pinkie and ring finger. Every couple of months or so it comes back to drive me crazy. I've spoken to a doctor about it, and it's apparently contact dermatitis. I'm allergic to something I'm touching (which could be anything), and until I figure out what it is, it's just going to keep coming back. I've changed my soap, my hand lotion, my shower gel, my shampoo... I've even started wearing gloves to wash the dishes, which I never used to do. And I'm still getting the rash.

Itchy stitching,

7 comments:

cucki said...

Oh dear I hope your rash get well soon..
Happy stitching
Hugs x

Shirlee said...

It seems strange that only your pinkie & ring finger are in contact with something you are allergic to : ( Is this just a regular doctor or a dermatologist? If just a regular doctor, perhaps you should consider making an appointment with a dermatologist who would specialize in such things?

Mii Stitch said...

Yep I agree with Shirlee! If it's an allergy to something it would not only be on 2 fingers... Lovely progress on your wip!

Isabella Morais said...

Oh, sorry to hear about the alergy. I hope you find the cause.

Lots of progress on this project hun!?? :D

XOXO, Isa.

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

Have you checked if it something with your blood or your immune system?When all else fails autoimmune syndroms appear.AriadnefromGreece!

Linda said...

More great progress Sarah. I get a rash and bumps on my fingers. Several doctors told me it was caused from stress.

Linda

Melissa said...

Whenever I read the first part of this x-stitch "Down by the bay" I always start sing the song immediately in my head!!!!!