Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Break in the Downpour

Made a little more progress on Down by the Bay the last few days. I'm really taking my time with this one, aren't I? Life is just so insanely busy that I've been setting small goals for myself. That way I'm not disappointed that I'm not making huge progress, and I can really savor this great piece. So, here it is!






I stitched some more on the loooooooonnnnnngggggg watermelon, and then I added the little star underneath with the words "I dare."





I actually had to wait for the sun to break through some really dark clouds to take these pictures. It's so great to be able to say that! It rained all weekend, which I loved, but it caused so much havoc all over the country. This is what happens when it only rains a couple of times a year: people have no idea how to drive in the rain! They think they can just drive the way they normally do and then wonder why the accident rates spike so high. But aside from that, I like sitting at home with an actual excuse for wearing a sweater and listening to the rain. I love that smell after it rains too.

Hope you've all got someone to snuggle with!

5 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet stitches...
Big hugs x

Linda said...

Looking good Sarah.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

I can see the end of the watermelon coming up!!! :) Lovely update x

Isabella Morais said...

Driving with rain is sucks but driving in rain, during the night with a car with black pellicle is hell! That's my car and that's what happens in my city during the winter...lots of rain!
:D
Cool progress!

Shirlee said...

Looking good!