Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Very Nearly Done

Nearing the finish line! I got more work done on the American Flag Quilt the last few days - my husband's working out of town again this week, which means I have WAY too much time on my hands.


There was empty space on either side of the last four squares, so I thought I'd add some stripes. This is me improvising because of the fabric miscalculation I did about a year ago, where I've had to rearrange the squares to make it all fit.


I honestly don't know how I feel about the stripes. It was either that or go with a solid block of color, and stripes seemed more thematic. What do you guys think?

Lots of love,

10 comments:

Wagapapa said...

Love the stripes at the end. Awesome flag. You're nearly done. xoxo

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

How about stitching the American flag?AriadnefromGreece!

cucki said...

Wow it's so beautiful
Well done hugs x

Emma/Itzy said...

I really like the stripes! So close now :D

Shirlee said...

I also like the stripes! I think adding them is a great idea!

Linda said...

I think the stripes look great Sarah. Good choice.

Linda

Emma Louise Brown said...

The stripes really fit in well :)

bledina said...

The sripes are just fine, Sarah! They fit in well, much better that a solid colour block.
Edina

Mii Stitch said...

This is a really good idea Sarah!!! The stripes are your personal touch & look really nice, they finish off your lovely project :)

Steph said...

I like the stripes a lot! I think they work really well ^_^
XOX