Sunday, October 13, 2013

Exchanges with Lija

I was passing by the post office again yesterday, so I popped in and found another goodie waiting for me!

Lija (from Stitching in Crosses and More) and I decided to have an exchange, the one rule being that it whatever design it was, it had to be stitched on a colored fabric (i.e., not white/beige). So, here is "Oh, the Weather Outside is Frightful," a little cutie that can be found on the Sue Hillis Designs website. I stitched it on a pale blue 14-count Aida, finished it off as a flat hanging, with a lace ribbon and black fabric, and attached a little silver Christmas tree to it.


I also included a couple of charts, an embroidery hoop, Charles Craft Hopscotch fabric, and some tea from Yemen. As usual, completely forgot to take a picture of it all!

And this is what Lija sent me:


It's a gorgeous Big Ben bookmark that she designed herself! I adore it, it's so beautiful! She also sent me some hand-dyed fabrics (with notes on what they were dyed with, which I think is so cool), wooden buttons, some gold charms, a Cross Stitch Crazy kit, a booklet of cross-stitch designs, a Cornish tea towel, and a book by her favorite author, Paulo Coelho.


I have been completely and utterly spoiled! Thank you, Lija, I love it all - ESPECIALLY the bookmark!

Lots of love,

8 comments:

ariadne said...

Oh that Big Ben bookmark is something!AriadnefromGreece!

Shirlee said...

Beautiful exchanges Sarah : )

cucki said...

Beautiful exchange gift..
Big hugs x

Linda said...

Wonderful exchange Sarah. Both stitched pieces are beautiful.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

Great exchange!! You both did lovely items :)

Jan Gartlan said...

A lovely exchange!

nikiad.blogspot.gr said...

Hi , Sarah !!!! Just found your
lovely blog !!!!
I am a new follower !!! I love your creations !!!!
Have a nice week !!!!!!
Niki

Lija Broka said...

Thank you for a lovely exchange. It was fun. Can't wait to hang the snowman ready for Christmas ... my room is still on the Halloween theme with a pumpkin on the desk.