Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Another One for the Hope Chest

My first baby blanket! My husband and I don't have any children yet, but I've started putting a few little things together for the future, like the Teddy Bear Quilt I made.

The front

I've been knitting this little guy up for a few months now, whenever I have a few extra minutes or a couple of free hours. This week in particular has been really stressful for me, with the training going on and my husband being out of town for the whole week, so my knitting needles have been my therapy.

The back

I used the better part of three balls of a baby yarn called Nako Jelibon. It's a Turkish yarn I managed to find in my LNS, and I just love the colors in it. I learned how the eyelet stitch for this one, and how to add a border. It's the first time I've ever knitted anything this complicated, but it was so much fun! It measures 30x30 inches, a perfect square.


All right, off to more training. I can't wait for this week to be over!

Love,

7 comments:

thegreytail said...

the blanket if wonderful, Sarah!
what a wonderful colour too.
hugs,
chiara

Isabella Morais said...

Your blanket is adorable. I wish I could knit but I find it way too difficult.

I started with the travelling pattern today :D I only stitched the frame and I already can't wait to finish...

:D

Have a really nice week!

cucki said...

wow the blanket is so beautiful..
huge hugs x

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely work Sarah :)

Shirlee said...

It's a beautiful blanket Sarah ... a great gift of love for a very lucky baby one day : )

Wagapapa said...

Beautiful blanket! When you have children, they will be very warm with it.
Have a nice day! xoxo

Steph said...

That is beautiful! And what a lovely idea.
XOX