Friday, October 25, 2013

A Brand New Start

So I was happily stitching along on the American Flag Quilt when, for the second time in two weeks, I ran out of DMC 902, which is what I was using for the last stripes. I have ONE STRIPE LEFT - urgh! I haven't had time to head to my LNS, so until I do I thought I'd start on something new!

I ordered a couple of La-D-Da designs earlier this year and never got around to stitching them. I decided to pull one out and get a start on it. This is Down by the Bay.


I'm stitching this on 32 count Ivory Lugana using NPI silks. I've never stitched with silks before, and I'm absolutely loving it. The chart suggests stitching with one thread over two, but I decided to stitch two over two just to get more coverage. Loving this decision. The colors are so rich and thick. Here's what I managed to stitch up the last couple of days:


Now, here's something you should know: I love watermelons. When I was a kid I used to take giant slices, so you couldn't see my face anymore. And I loved this song too! I thought it was hilarious, and my sisters and I would sing it all the time. So this chart brings back a lot of special memories for me, which makes it all the more fun to stitch.






Lots of xxx's!




8 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Great new start! Your La-D-Da design is a real treat :)

Shirlee said...

Beautiful new start!

Nataly K said...

Great new start! I love La D Da designs and the stitching is always so much fun.

Isabella Morais said...

It is getting cute! I only love seeing watermelons but I find the taste so horrible! eheheheh

I know I'm kinda absent but me and my son got sick :(

Hope to show some stitches soon!

:D

Linda said...

Love your new start Sarah.

Linda

cucki said...

Beautiful new start..
Big hugs x

Mouse said...

blimmey you ain't doing well on the thread front are you ... may be buy a job lot next time ...lol
and cute new start and I like it bolder too :) love mouse xxxxx

Steph said...

Aww! I love this ^_^ teehee! i still do that with water melon!! ^_^
XOX