Friday, August 23, 2013

Traveling Pattern Moving On!

Thank you all for entering the draw for the Summer Garden traveling pattern! I thought I'd first show you how I finished it off:


I put together a little WIP bag! I needed something to put my WIPs in when I'm traveling. The little sandwich bag I've been using was getting tired.

I backed it with the purple fabric I bought with the white stars, and lined it inside with the same fabric. I sewed on some wooden buttons to the back so I could close it easily.

I don't know, this is one of those finishes that I'm doubtful of. It's the first cross-stitched bag I've ever made, and I guess it needs to grow on me. 


This little cutie is on its way to its next home! I had the draw open until this morning, and my lovely husband asked if he could pick out the winner. Without further ado, the winner of the draw is.......

Isabella from Get Crafty Now!

Yay! Congrats, Isabella. I'll contact you for your mailing address.

To everyone else, thanks for participating! Keep tracking the traveling pattern - you never know, you might get it next time. :D

Big stitchy kisses,

13 comments:

meggie said...

It's beautiful and I love the way you've finished it. Congrats to Isabella (:

Shirlee said...

I think you did a great job on the project bag Sarah! Congratulations to Isabella !

Isabella Morais said...

Awww, thanks a lot! Can't wait to stitch this!

Are the rules together with the pattern?

:D

cucki said...

Aww it's so cute.
Hugs x

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats on your lovely finish, it's very pretty!!! Well I better keep an eye on Isabella's blog when she finished with this one... we never know :D This is such a very pretty design!

Linda said...

The bag looks awesome Sarah. You did a fantastic job.

Linda

Mouse said...

ooooo very nice and just perfect size for carrying those wee wips around in :) congrats to Isabella too .. will bob back to hers to see how she gets on as well :) love mouse xxxx

Kaisievic said...

I think it is a gorgeous finish and I might just steal the idea. Did you use a pattern?

Kaisievic said...

P.S. Love the colours you chose and the personalisation - clever idea.

Jan Gartlan said...

Such a pretty finish. Congrats to the winner!

thegreytail said...

that's a great idea Sarah!
congrats on this beautiful finish, no wonder you couldn't put it down! :)
hugs and happy xxx,
chiara

Steph said...

Congratulations to Isabella. I think your bag is brilliant! It's so beautiful. I hope you come to love it.
XOX

Anne said...

Your finish is adorable! Such a pretty purse in and my favourite colour too...purple :D