Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Bisco Diamond?

I've been in the mood to try new and unusual finishes, so here's my latest attempt:


I stitched this on 14-count beige Aida, using warm DMC autumn colors: dark green, dark red, and a gold Light Effects, and then I attached some tiny gold beads. The pieces were sewn together with biscornu-type stitching. The designs you can find here.


I don't think I'll make another one. It was so much work! It was like a bunch of tiny biscornus attached to one another. Though I am glad I finally tried making it.


On to more stitching adventures,

11 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

I found it very pretty with the beads & shiny threads :) Always nice to try something new!

Isabella Morais said...

U must have had a lot of work with this piece hun?! But I must say it's awesome!

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Sarah.

Linda

thegreytail said...

it's such a lovely, tiny treasure!
well done, I'm sure the pain will fade and you'll be left with a wonderful bisco diamond! :)
love this name!!

Angi said...

Beautiful finish, it was worth the job!

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful..I love it x

Anne said...

It's lovely Sarah and unusual which I like. The gold beads add a nice touch!

Kaisievic said...

So gorgeous, Sarah. It is always good to try something new.

Steph said...

Oh it's beautiful! All of the beads and shiny thread! Love it .
XOX

Shirlee said...

It's lovely! Beads just add a special touch, don't they : )

Lelia said...

So nifty! Where did you get the motif?