Wednesday, June 12, 2013

One Last Knit...

...And the Wendy Pampas blanket is done!

Please excuse the background. It's my bedspread - the bed is the closest to the window, so it gets the best light!
I added the final stripe, a navy blue that's called Nightsky (#2251). With 65 stitches across and nine stripes long, the whole thing now measures 41 inches by 41 inches. I didn't intend for it to be a perfect square, and it's definitely not huge, but it's a good size for a lap blanket or a sofa throw, something to cuddle up with when I'm stitching on the couch, which is what I was aiming for.


My semester's been over for nearly two weeks, and I've already finished knitting this blanket, read two books, and spring-cleaned my apartment. Needless to say, I'm quickly running out of things to do around here. My husband's solution? Buy me a ticket to see my family in Kuwait. Woohoo! I'll be there for the next week and a half, so I'm not going to be blogging for a while. I have kitted up two biscornus to take with me, though - hopefully I'll be a little productive.

See you soon, guys! Lots of love,

12 comments:

cucki said...

Wow looks so lovely x

Mii Stitch said...

You're on a roll!! Lovely little blanket! Your husband is a sweetie!! Have a lovely time with your family xx

Lulu said...

Your blanket turned out so beautiful! Also hooray for a vacation to see your family :)

ariadne said...

Have a great time!AriadnefromGreece!

Shirlee said...

The blanket is beautiful! How nice of your husband to buy you a ticket to visit with your family. Have a great time!!!

Linda said...

Congrats on finishing the beautiful blanket. Have a fun time with your family.

Linda

Jan Gartlan said...

Great blanket. Such fantastic colours. Have a great time in Kuwait.

meggie said...

Lovely knitting!

Steph said...

I hope you have a lovely time with your family. The blanket looks brilliant.
xox

Kaisievic said...

Love your lap blanket - but I can't imagine that it gets cold enough where you live to need one - I will have to do some googling on your climate. Have fun in Kuwait and enjoy your biscornus. By the way, I am posting about my over 300 followers/300th post/2 year blogaversary - in four day's time (I want to time it all perfectly) Will you be online then to join in the fun?

Kathy Ellen said...

Congratulations on finishing your wonderful blanket. You must be so pleased with it. Have a wonderful time with your family and hope that you have some special time to stitch your two little biscornus while you are visiting.

Blessings!

meggie said...

Hello

Thank you for following my blog!
Your stitching is lovely and your blanket is awesome (: