Monday, May 13, 2013

Exciting News!

Just a quick post to say...I've been accepted into a contest!

A few years ago I finished a Teddy Bear Quilt (I first talked about it on this blog here). It was just a fun project that took me a full year to complete, part of a hope chest I'm building up for my future children.


Anyway, there's an annual Quilt & Stitch Art competition here in Dubai, and I thought, why not enter the Teddy Bear Quilt? And I'm in! The competition is Saturday, the 25th of May, so it's still a couple of weeks away.

But everyone has to drop off their pieces by this Wednesday, so I've been super busy: I took it out of storage, went at it with the lint brush, started making a sleeve to attach to the back so it can be displayed, labeled it...

I know there's very little chance of me winning - I'm up against some truly gorgeous quilts, whereas mine is just cute. But I'm so excited that they've chosen me to be included! It's such an honor, and it's going to be so neat seeing this little guy on display.

Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Jan said...

Well done. Your teddy quilt is a beautiful piece of work. Who is the designer? What is the prize for the competition? Lots of luck.

Mii Stitch said...

Ooooh, an other exciting thing happening for you Sarah!!! I really wish you all the best, your quilt is adorable! Be proud! :D x

Kaisievic said...

Well done, Sarah, I am sure that your Teddy Bear quilt will really do you proud. It is gorgeous!

cucki said...

Well done dear..it's looking so cute x

Linda said...

Good luck Sarah. Think winning thoughts.

Linda

Emma Louise Brown said...

Congratulations, please let us know how you get on. It is a gorgeous quilt.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

good luck Sarah!

Kerryp77 said...

ooh good luck it's lovely and well done on getting chosen. x

Steph said...

Oh that is brilliant news! ^_^
xox