Monday, April 15, 2013

Quilt Square 36

First off, hello new followers! Welcome to my humble little blog...

Now, I have more progress on the American Flag Quilt. I know it must be boring just to look at the same WIP, and God knows I get bored sometimes, but I'm really determined to finish it this year. Between that goal, work, family stuff, getting ready for the craft fair... I don't have much time for any other projects!


So this is Kansas, the 34th state, nicknamed the Sunflower State. It was admitted to the union on January 29, 1861.


This may be my favorite square to date. I know I've said that about a few squares, but this one is just so pretty! I love the colors and the pattern.


Craft fair update: I spent last week gathering the pieces I was going to sell - I had them tucked away in different spots around the house. Half the table is going to be my cross-stitched pieces, and the other half is going to be these great knitted socks and hats my mother-in-law makes. Yesterday I found some great cards that I'm going to use as price tags. All I have left to do is pay the rent for the table and figure out how to display everything (I'm thinking baskets...)

Have a great stitching time!

8 comments:

Emma Louise Brown said...

Looking lovely! Is it possible to email you on the address provided on your profile page? To discuss the possible exchange. I replied to your comment but wasn't sure if you would see it.

Linda said...

Another great state Sarah. I am enjoying the progress pics. Good luck at the craft fair.

Linda

cucki said...

so pretty x

Emma/Itzy said...

Pretty state :) I don't get bored - its like lots of mini finishes this project :D

Mii Stitch said...

Another cuty flag!! Keep it up!!! x

Grit said...

This is so fantastic.
Grit from Germany

Sandy said...

When my hubby and I packed up to move to CA for my job, I could only take a few charts - this was one of the ones I picked to bring. Haven't started it yet, but now I really want to, I have always loved it, saw it stitched years ago. Thinking of doing it on 32 or 40 ct. We'll see.
Enjoy seeing it progress,
Sandy

Jan said...

This is stunning. Is it hard?