Saturday, March 23, 2013

Stitching Up Some Comfort

I found this fantastic, super-soft, chunky yarn called Wendy Pampas a few months ago and I've been hoarding different colors ever since. Then I decided the perfect project for all this goodness would be a lap blanket. Here's my progress so far!


I'm stitching this up on 13mm knitting needles, so it's coming along really quickly. I cast on 65 stitches, which, if I've calculated this correctly, is about 30 inches. The first section is #2223, Ivy. The second one is #2246, Sage.


What I'm really excited about is that I've learned how to make the sides pretty, instead of lumpy! I looked up YouTube videos on how to slip the first stitch in a row so that it braids nicely all down the sides. Yay! Going to keep working on this for a while.

To learning new tricks,




P.S. There are a couple of great giveaway going on right now: Nancy is giving away some beautiful threads and trims over at the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe on April 15th. McKenna is also having a giveaway for one of her adorable octopus at Chic Crafting, drawing on March 31st. Good luck!

3 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Lovely knitting. Love the colours.

Mii Stitch said...

This will be a lovely little blanket! You tube can be so handy sometimes :D

Kathy Ellen said...

Beautiful progress on your blanket, with those soft colors. I can just imagine how soft and cuddly it will be to wrap yourself up in it when it's all finished.

Blessings!