Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Quilt Square 33

More on the American Quilt Flag!


This is California, the Golden State, admitted into the union on September 9, 1850, which makes it the 31st state.


It's such a sunny square, isn't it? Perfect for California, with all that bright yellow. I am going to put it aside for a week or so, just because the knitting bug has bitten me and there's a project I'm itching to start...more on that soon!


In other news, I've finally emailed the craft fair people. To prove that I'm really the one making all these items, I had to include pictures of what I intend to sell and pictures of my workplace - which isn't much, as you can see, just a corner of our bedroom where I've got my laptop and all my supplies. We live in a one-bedroom apartment, so I don't have a whole lot of space!


Anyway, they've emailed me back, and they said they'd be happy to have me involved! Isn't that awesome? I'm going to sign up for the first Friday in May - I think that'll give me enough time to pay the table rent, submit the form, and get all my stuff ready. Yay! So exciting!

Love,

6 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Ooooh, well done for the fair sweetie!!! I wish I had enough stuff for mine... I better get stitching :D Good luck with it all x

Kaisievic said...

A lovely square and when and where is the craft fair? Sounds like fun!

Emma/Itzy said...

You are flying along with those squares now! I love watching this project grow.

Well done on the fair, I would love to do one but the local craft fair to me is so competitive and there is always a waiting list to get a stall, it always seems to just have card making and jewelry I wonder if stitching is not so popular round here?

Linda said...

Your flag quilt is looking great.

Linda

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Oh that's so sweet! Good on you Sarah, I wish you the best of luck at the fair - I also lived in a one bedroom apartment with my now husband right in the center of Taipei for 5 years! I always complained about the lack of room, always bumping into things and each other, now I have a big house I always complain about the amount of cleaning that I have to do and wish I had a smaller house! I can't win :) Big Hug, Amanda

Anne said...

Great progress Sarah!! So what will you make for the craft fair??! That's pretty exciting to be a part of a fair. As for no room, we have a 2 bedroom apartment and feel we have no room either!! My craft stuff is tucked into one corner of the second bedroom1!