Friday, February 15, 2013

Quilt Square 28

Back to the American Flag Quilt! I've missed this piece so much, and it feels so good to pick it up again. Literally, too, because I just love this piece of Jazlyn I'm stitching it on, especially compared to all the Aida I've been using recently.



This latest block is Michigan, the 26th state (we're past the halfway mark!), also known as the Great Lakes State. It was admitted into the union on January 26, 1837.



I really like the design for this block. It was a breeze to stitch, too. I'm going to be working on this piece for a little while longer before I move on to some finishing work.



Hope your WIPs are going swimmingly!

8 comments:

Amarins said...

Beautiful, great stitching. Greetings from Holland, Amarins

Tania said...

This is a lovely block.
Have a nice weekend!

Lulu said...

Beautiful stitching and I'm so happy you finally made it to my home state and past the halfway mark :)

Mii Stitch said...

Another nice little block Sarah!! Have a great weekend

Manuela said...

It looks so fantastic.

Greetings from Germany, Manuela.

ariadne said...

What an amazing piece!AriadnefromGreece!

Kerryp77 said...

Great to see the flag out again. lovely stitching. x

Anne said...

IT's really coming along beautifully Sarah! I enjoy watching this quilt unfold :D