Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Quilt Square 22



Hey folks! Sorry I’ve been MIA the last few days. One of my closest friends has just moved away, and I was helping her pack up her stuff and run last-minute errands and, well, just enjoying her company for a little while longer. It’s so sad when a good friend moves on, even if you are happy for the opportunities life has given them. It’s just hard to lose a friend, even if it’s just geographically, you know?

Anyway, I’m kind of glad it took me so long to finish this block. I liked taking my time with it, savoring each stitch. Sometimes I feel like I’m rushing to finish, which is nuts because this is such an enjoyable sampler and it’s not like I have “deadlines” for when I have to post about them. So, new resolution: take my time with these blocks.

So I've picked the American Flag Quilt back up again.



I've been working on Mississippi.



The Magnolia State (that's a beautiful nickname, isn't it?) was the 20th to be admitted to the union, on December 10, 1817.



Stay crafty!




P.S. Really sorry for the confusion around here. I'm still trying to sort this Picasa disaster out, but every time I delete some pictures to make room, they disappear from the blog half the time and I have to re-upload them. Such a pain! But I think I've deleted enough for now and Blogger will leave me in peace.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Mississippi sure has a beautiful quilt square! I really enjoy following the progress and your lovely stitching on this piece :)

Mii Stitch said...

Cute little hearts on this flag!!

Emma/Itzy said...

Such pretty colours!

You know, if you lower the amount of pixels of a picture before you upload then you shouldn't have any problems, anything under a certain amount you can post no problem! (Sorry I can't be more specific!)

Grit said...

Wow, this looks so fantastic. I love this pattern so much.
Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany