Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Couple of Framings



Thank you all for your support with my observation! I think it went well – it certainly went better than it did last year. I won’t get the report back for a couple of days, though. We’ll see what my supervisor thought of it!

So I went by the framer’s yesterday to pick up a couple of pieces I’d dropped off. The first is “I’ll Put the Kettle On,” which I’d won from the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe a while ago. I had them finish it off in a simple black frame. I’m going to find a sweet spot for it in the kitchen.
 

The second piece is a family heirloom. I’ve blogged before about my paternal grandmother and her crocheted granny square cushions and about the birth sampler my mother embroidered for me.

A few months ago, out of the blue, my mother’s younger sister, Aunt Kathy, tells me that she’s dug up a wedding sampler their grandmother, my great-grandmother Sadie, stitched for her years and years ago, and that she wants to send it to me. It’s such a cute, sweet little piece, and I’m going to treasure it forever!

Loving you guys,

3 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely frames for great stitches! My favourite one is the bottom one! Glad everything went well for your observation :)

Anne said...

Sarah! That framed piece is perfect! I really love this design and the colour is so delicate and pretty! I love the wedding sampler that your great grandmother stitched! What an heirloom!!

emily said...

Beautiful pieces of stitching and perfect frames too!