Thursday, November 22, 2012

Quilt Square 16



Thank you all so much for your support and sweet comments about my miscalculation with the American Flag Quilt! I think I’ve figured out how to fit it all in, but it means I’m going to have to not include the stripes with “One Nation Under God with Liberty and Justice for All.” Sad, I know, but that’s the only way I could think of to make this work.

So, after quite a lot of frogging while I figured this out, I finally finished the first in the non-blue section of the flag, Vermont!

Nicknamed the Green Mountain State, Vermont was the 14th state to join the union, on March 4, 1791, meaning it just missed out on being part of the original 13 colonies.

I’m going to keep working on this until I work out the kinks in my new plan. Hopefully I’ll start feeling confident about it soon.

Big hugs to all you lovely people!

1 comment:

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress! I'm sure it will look perfect when finished & we will never know about this little hiccup! Mii, x