Monday, November 12, 2012

Quilt Square 13



Picked the American Flag Quilt back up again! I’m never going to get tired of saying how much I love this piece!


The new block is North Carolina, my mama’s home state and my summer vacation spot. We’re from a little town in the northeast called Rich Square, population 931. The scenery there is absolutely beautiful, but there’s something about the smell that haunts me. I know that sounds weird, but it’s true. I love the smell of North Carolina.


The Tar Heel State was the 12th state to join the union on November 21, 1789. Our motto and what’s written on our license plates is First in Flight – the Wright brothers took off in their first airplanes on the beach at Kitty Hawk, NC.


Missing home now,

3 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Yeah! You're back on this lovely project!!! Nice little design for this new state!

Kathy Ellen said...

The 'American Flag Quilt' is coming along so beautifully. I love your progress I think that I need to stitch this one too!

Blessings for a wonderful week!

Kerryp77 said...

Love seeing your progress on this one an the fact you make your blog post on it interesting as I know next to nothing about the States. Beautiful work indeed Sarah!