Friday, October 12, 2012

Quilt Square 7



Back to the American Flag Quilt sampler! Yay!


I love this piece so much. When you look at the chart, there is absolutely no indication what the finished blocks are going to look like, in terms of color. Some charts will have the symbols color-coded, so you have an idea what it’s going to look like when you look at the chart. This one – nothing. It’s all black and white. And it’s the most exciting thing when you start stitching and you see how all the colors come together and how the backstitching really brings it to life.


So this was Massachusetts, the sixth state to join on February 6th, 1788, nicknamed the Bay State. The backstitching on this block was INSANE. It was so detailed, and it really felt like it took me forever to finish.


You like how the letters sort of run into one another? I’m pretty sure Massachusetts is the longest state name.

I hope all your WIPs are going well!

3 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Hi Sarah, you can guess I'm not at work today... It took a little while before I posted a comment!!! Hope you're ok stitching like crazy for the fair ☺ Masachusetts flag is as great as all the other ones although I can see what you mean with the backstitch. Have a fab weekend, Mii xx

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

I enjoy watching your little updates on this - it is looking very pretty.

Anne said...

Wow! What a beautiful pattern Sarah! You are a fast stitcher too! I looks fantastic!!