Monday, August 27, 2012

The Stripes Have Come to an End


I finished it! The stripy scarf is ready to go. This is the one I started here.



I knitted this scarf on the basis that if my DH liked it when it was done, it would be his. And, thankfully, it has been met with his approval. I kept checking to make sure it was long enough for him, and when it was I stopped knitting.


So it’s got six white blocks and five maroon blocks. Forty rows to each block. I consulted the client (my DH) about a fringe, but he deemed a fringe not manly enough. It’s all good, though – I’m really happy with my second-ever scarf, and with the knitting practice. I’m going to start experimenting with different projects soon.

It’s good to be back!

3 comments:

Kaisievic said...

The scarf looks really good - very manly. DH is lucky.

Mii Stitch said...

Nice work. Would go very well with my little boy's rugby kit.. Their team colours are white and maroon ☺ Can't get more manly than that!

Kerryp77 said...

lovely colours well done, look forward to even bigger projects from your needles