Thursday, August 9, 2012

I See Stripes


I’ve got very itchy stitchy fingers, and I couldn’t resist – I had to start another scarf!


I’m still sticking to the garter stitch (not ready to venture too much right now). I’m using Red Heart’s Super Saver in Aran Fleck – which I ADORE, and which I bought when I was in the States this summer – and alternating it with this generic brand I found here in a nice maroon color.

I had to use size 5mm knitting needles, which are almost half the size of the ones I was using for my first scarf (8mm), and the yarn is a 4, almost half the size of the size 6 I had been using. Let me tell you, going smaller is HARD. I had a false start, had to undo everything, and then start over again.


But I really wanted to focus on alternating colors. So far I’ve only got three blocks. I do have to count the rows this time to make sure they’re all even, but it’s all good.

This is going to be fun!

1 comment:

thegreytail said...

love these colours.. just prefect combo!