Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Return to Biscornus


I’ve had to put my knitting aside this week because I flew through two balls of yarn, realized they wouldn’t be enough, and now have to make a trip to buy some more.

So, instead, I’m back to my biscornu obsession! This freebie is courtesy of Chatelaine Designs. It’s gorgeous, isn’t it? It’s called Debi’s Roses. I stitched it on black 14-count Aida, and the colors just pop against the background.


This was the first time I’ve ever worked with DMC’s Light Effects floss, specifically E436, which I substituted for Kreinik’s 002 V. Oh my goodness, it is so difficult! I mean, the effect is fantastic, but you have to work doubly hard to get there. I did have a lot of fun putting all those little beads on, though.


So nothing left for me to do but put the two sides together and stuff it. And I’ll be picking my knitting back up soon, I hope.

And now, the giveaway winner! DUN DUN DUN.

And the winner is:
Melissa from St. John's Stitcher!

That was so much fun. I can't wait to do it again!

Lots of stitchy love,

7 comments:

Kaisievic said...

The colours certainly do pop. Love the beadwork, too.

Kerryp77 said...

That is stunning, it looks so vibrant on the black aida. looking forward to seeing it all sewn up. I agree that the light effects can be rather challenging at times!! Kerry

Topcho said...

Oh my, it's gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

Nurdan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ozgrkdn said...

Hi Sarah, My daughter's blog LookbookUnlimited is began broadcasting...I hope, you do support her:)))Have a nice day:))

Anne said...

Oooh! I've done this one too as a biscornu but not on black! I'll have to try those light effects because that kreinik drives me mad! It's looking gorgeous!

Mindi said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The colors really do pop on the black, and the beads add some nice dimension.