Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The WIP is Done!


I finally finished up my Ramadan sampler!


It’s already the fifth day of Ramadan, so I’m a little late. I guess I got a little distracted with the knitting… :D But anyway, here it is at last. Once I’d finished the moon and only had the lettering left to do, I realized I didn’t like the way it looked on the pattern. So I went online to Better Cross Stitch Patterns and downloaded one of their free alphabets, called It’s a Fine Line. I’m really happy with how it turned out.

So that just left the matter of finishing it off. I went with a flat hanging, so my parents-in-law can hang it up when it’s the season, so to speak, and then take it back down afterwards. I chose a basic black fabric for the backing (like the alliteration?) and a really pretty black lace ribbon to hang. What do you guys think?


Don’t forget about the giveaway! There’s still plenty of time to join in. Just comment on this post and your name will go into the draw. I can’t wait!

Later, folks!

6 comments:

thegreytail said...

lovely! the lace ribbon looks perfect!
happy xxx!
chiara

McKenna C. said...

Congratulations on the finish! It's very pretty.

~McKenna

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

a lovely finish - congratulations

Topcho said...

Beautiful finish!! It looks gorgeous on the black fabric and I love how you finishde it with that pretty black lace

Kerryp77 said...

it's lovely and finished off so well. x

Anne said...

I missed this post! I love your Ramadan finish! It's stunning and I really like how you finished it too :D