Sunday, July 22, 2012

Picking Up Sticks


I learned how to knit over the weekend!


I cannot tell you how much fun this was. I had to watch a bunch of YouTube videos until I got the hang of it, but once I did I was jammin’! I’m using 8mm needles with a nice chunky yarn from Lion Brand called Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in Denim. This is a very simple garter stitch that I get to do over and over and over and over…

I think I’m making myself a scarf. It is not at all perfect – you can see how uneven the ends are – but who cares? It’s my first knitting! Will keep you updated on how it goes. I am just so excited! It’s so interesting to go from cross-stitching with thread to knitting with yarn. Love it.

A quick hello to all my new followers! I’ve gotten such a great response to the giveaway so far. Thank you all for your interest – we’ve got a little less than two weeks left! Good luck to everyone. :D And to anyone who hasn’t entered so far, please post a comment on this post.

Adios, mi amigos!

5 comments:

McKenna C. said...

Congratulations! It's always exciting to learn something new.....especially something crafty. :D

~McKenna

Anne said...

Yay!! You started knitting! A scarf is always a good place to start. I find knitting and crocheting really soothing, although I'm not the best with following patterns, I just knit or crochet whatever comes to me!!

tina2nd1961 said...

If this is your first piece,it's great!I've been knitting for years,and yours truly looks good!

Nurdan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
belle said...

Hi Sarah

Your knitting looks great!