Friday, July 20, 2012

A Piece of Peace


A really good friend of mine just got back from vacation, and her birthday was last weekend. After I got off the phone with her, I decided I had the perfect pattern to make.


This is an absolutely adorable freebie from the DMC website. It’s a relatively quick stitch, if you don’t mind all the backstitching. I love the color palette, all the soft blues and greens and peaches and browns. I used some 11-count Aida cloth again, and as always with 11-count, I used 3 strands instead of 2 to make it fuller.


I might actually stitch this up again some time. It’s really lovely. And the great thing is, it fits perfectly in this standard 4x6 frame.

And don’t forget about the giveaway! Everyone’s got another two weeks to enter. You have to comment on this post. Good luck!

Peace out,

4 comments:

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

another gift for someone - you are so generous - I think this is a cute stitch and as you say the colour palette is really nice

belle said...

congrats on your lovely finish, the colours are lovely.
Happy weekend.

Topcho said...

Oh, you're right, the colour comobo is indeed beautiful! Congrats on the pretty finish!

Kerryp77 said...

that's a very sweet stitch, I'm
sure your friend will love it. x