Friday, June 15, 2012

One More Update


I just wanted to thank you guys, first and foremost, for all your love and support. Honestly, I have the best group of followers on earth. You’re too good to me!

All right, the matter at hand. Here’s the progress I’ve made so far on my Ramadan sampler:

I’ve got half the dome left to stitch, plus the moon, the border, and the words.

Anyway, I have some news. My DH’s visa to the US didn’t come through, but he’s insisted that I go with my family anyway. I haven’t seen my grandparents in four years, and they’re not doing very well, health-wise. And it seems to make sense that I go now, with my DH so preoccupied with the Euro games.

So on Sunday night I’m going to Kuwait, where my family is, and on Tuesday night we’re flying out to the US. It’s going to be really strange, leaving my DH here alone. But this is one of those times where you have to choose between two really difficult situations, and you just have to shut off your heart (and your tear ducts) and do the practical thing.

And you never know – his visa might come out in the next week and he could fly out to meet us!

Yeah, I know, wishful thinking.

Holding onto hope,




PS – Milly from Milly’s Stitches is having a great giveaway on her blog! Head on over and check it out.

5 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great that you can go visit in the U.S., shame about DH though. Still we just have to go with the swings and roundabouts of life.

Have a great trip.

Nurdan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
milly said...

You are doing this so quickly - it looks great!

Such a shame you have to go without your DH but I hope you have a good time catching up with your family.

Anne said...

Oh Sarah, so sorry to hear his visa didn't come through. You will be reconnected with him in no time! Have a lovely time with your family and great progress on your sampler!!

Jan said...

Ramadan has the most stunning colours. Sorry to read your husband's visa didn't come through. I hope your travels go smoothly.