Thursday, May 17, 2012

Introducing My Teddy Bear Quilt

This is my Teddy Bear Quilt. I started it on July 8th, 2009, and I know the exact date because my mother wrote it on a note and stuck it to the fridge so that I would be inspired to finish it. This was the cover project of the August 1989 issue of Just CrossStitch, and I made it just in case I decided to have kids one day (I was still unclear about the issue).

Each square consisted of a teddy bear doing something representing one of the letters of the alphabet. I did a few squares whenever I was back home on break from university. I’m not going to overwhelm you with all of them at once, so here are the first few (please excuse the quality – this was a few years ago and I was using my cell phone’s camera).
A is for Airplane
B is for Bear
C is for Couch
D is for Duck

E is for Egg
F is for Fish
G is for Guitar
H is for Hat
I is for Ice cream
J is for Juggling
K is for Kiss
L is for Leaves

More to come, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

milly said...

Hi Sarah

This project is lovely! The teddies are really cute. It will be gorgeous when it's finished.

I'm looking forward to seeing more letters!

Nurdan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...

Super cute alphabet Sarah!! I love them!! I want to do an alphabet one too for my future child (crosses fingers!)