Monday, May 28, 2012

From Moon to Moon


I wanted, first of all, to thank you guys for the sweet comments about my Sandy Feet Welcome hanging! It means so much to me, it really does. :D

All right, here’s what I’ve been up to the last few days. I seem to be doing this series of seasonal pieces (the Halloween Witch & Friends, the Easter pouches, and Sandy Feet), and here’s my latest:


This is another blessed freebie, designed by Ann Logan. It’s called “Ramadan Mubarak.” Ramadan is the lunar month where Muslims fast from sun up to sun down. This year it’s going to be from about mid-July to mid-August (we don’t really know until the night before, when we can see the moon).

And because I only have like two months to do this, I’ve decided to cheat a little. Instead of doing all the different shades of the sky, I’ve decided to just use black 14-count Aida. It’s taken me a little while to get used to it. I’ve never stitched on black before, and it’s so hard to see the holes! Especially since I started out with very dark thread.

This is what I’ve done so far:


Not bad, right? This is about half of the structure of the mosque, the blue part before the dome. There are a couple of empty patches, I know. I thought I'd bought all the thread necessary for this, but I guess not. Oh well. I'll pick it up on my next stash run.


Cheers!

3 comments:

milly said...

Hi Sarah

It's looking great so far and I think using black fabric instead of having to stitch the sky is a great idea.

Nurdan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nilgünden gülücükler - El işi sitesi said...

Good job!